Thursday 15 January 2015

Digital Sketches Refined


I had another go at drawing myself digitally (I referred back to my paper sketches in order to create something that looks more like me and Tuesday Mournings image). I kept my shading very soft- mostly using very slight opacities in order to smooth all my colours together. I placed my eyes a bit closer together than in previous attempts and highlighted the wide nose arch through the use of carefully curved lines.  I did integrate some swirled patterns in the highlights and cheeks (just because I like these types of details and they are something that I put into a lot of my own work). I then placed myself against this dark violet background - mostly because I intend to use darker patterned papers to create the background of my world (which is very reminiscent of the Charlie and Lola cartoons). It also gives it a darker more gothic styling which I like anyway.

I made sure to draw all my limbs on various different layers so I could put them together - but I am probably going to have to draw different mouths - and eyebrows (in order to convey different emotions.) I am also much happier with my hair  which I have made up out of various shades of colour rather than lines which also makes it a lot softer.


Overall I am really happy with this version of myself - although I may experiment with some black and white variations as well - which I think would contrast well against the paper backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment