Thursday 25 September 2014

Wordpress Project

New Brief

We have been instructed to make a Wordpress site for an event of our choosing (music festivals, art conferences etc..). Our sites must be responsive and must include the following:

A home page with some information about the client.
An about page with detailed information.
A booking system
Detailed information about each event.
A news area
Contact info and a map.
An events calendar with categories.
A shop selling some merchandise using PayPal
A search bar.
A gallery page.
Ability to register and log-in.
A blog.
Links to social media, including some live social media feed.
An analytics system.

We can utilise Wordpress themes, plugins and frameworks, wireframes must be created and we must research the following:

Events/genre and target audience
Content
User experience/user ability
Plugins
Seo
Themes
Design layout 

Since web design (even using wordpress to do it) isn't my area I plan on designing a logo and some additional extras to place within my site- regardless of the event that I choose- just so I can try and inject some of my own design work and make if fun for myself. That being said I am very determined to create something that looks visually striking and Im hoping that Wordpress will make it easier for me (a non coder) to generate something that functions well and allows me to inject as much creativity as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment