Friday 26 September 2014

Thoughts About The Event

I've looked into a lot of events and because I think picking an event needs to occur as soon as possible i'd actually like to to create my own- I feel like i'd be less influenced and have more freedom to design if I don't have to worry about the original site and branding. I'm pretty set on creating my own music festival event, during the summer I made some bits of artwork featuring set musicians, and I would really love to utilise them. Since we have specific pages that have to be made I could get my other bits of content of other gig and event pages and mix it with some of the bits that I've made. Making up this event myself really does afford me more creative freedom and I won't have to worry about conflicting original brand/sitedesign ideas, I can also create my own logos and additional extras to really make my site cohesive.  I have yet to run this plan past Sue but if I do get the go ahead I would be including the following musicians (bands and artists I love and have made artwork for): Nick Cave, Depeche Mode, Lorde and Paloma Faith.

Things to consider when designing my own event:

I'll need to find content
Design branding
Make up a name
Decide what my target audience is (which I think is somewhat reliant on the musicians I include)

Although I've given myself a wee bit more work - Im confident that this is the angle I want to pursue for this project- since I'm not a coder- I'm going to have to rely on both simplicity and design style to ensure that my site is visually appealing and functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment